A Spiritual Journey for Men and Women Grieving the Death of a Spouse.
Speaker: Amy Florian.
Amy Florian is a nationally recognized speaker, teacher, and retreat director who uses her personal experience of loss along with the best of current research for her engaging and dynamic presentations. A liturgy and bereavement consultant who holds a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Studies and a Fellow in Thanatology (the highest level of certification in the field of death and grief studies), Amy worked in parish ministry for over 2 decades. She teaches professionals how to better serve people in times of transition and loss, and taught in the graduate ministry department of Loyola University in Chicago for almost 10 years. Amy has published over 100 articles, 4 books and has a passion for helping people heal and live fully.
Program includes: Liturgy of Lamentation, presentation & discussion with Amy Florian, Quiet Time, Reflection and Liturgy of Hope.
$25 paid registration, Walk Ins Welcome!
8:30 am – check in and coffee
9:00 am to 1:00 pm – program
1:00 pm – lunch served
What people who have attended say about this program:
- Even after being widowed for 12 years, I learned so much – beautifully and thoroughly presented. Thank you! – Anna Marie Pettigrew
- Everything was more wonderful than I ever expected. Amy was phenomenal. If possible, I’ll be back next year. I’m telling all my friends about this and want to bring them. – Carol Smith
- The dance prayer was beautiful! It really reflected what I’m feeling. Thank you! – anonymous
- Wonderful day! Love the integration of prayer and ritual with understanding grief and healing. – Christine Trausch
- Thank you especially for the power of the liturgical prayer. It was very healing. – Judith Flanigan